Sunday 1 November 2009

Story fermentation...

Ok, so everyone's been great about stuff while my computer's been MIA, so once again a big thank you to all.
This story has been in my head for years now, so its already quite layered, but the lack of sims time has driven my imagination into overdrive. Seriously, I have started talking to my characters at times. This is not good.

Some of them are, however, fascinating conversationalists.

Anyway, since you guys have been such troopers for me, I'm going to give everyone some random trivia, both story background and in terms of storymaking. Think of it as a teaser/peace offering.

Ahem. 10 fun facts about a the Tesseract universe.

  1. The character Melanie is Scottish because the sim which represents her began life as my version of David Tennant aka Doctor Who. Originally, Melanie's looks were to be based on a Colombian/Italian friend of mine, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I simply genderswitched David and made some cosmetic changes, namely skin, eyes and slight facial resculpting.
  2. Tesseract was originally going to be called 'Resistance' and was to be the story of Nathan's mother Diana, starting from September 2001 and ending when she left her husband and son.
  3. Tesseract starts circa 2024. Between 2016-2024 the majority of military conflicts in the world were resolved. No new conflicts have arisen during this time.
  4. Nathan's mother grew up in Dublin, Ireland and suffered from manic depression.
  5. Only one of the characters on the character page has parents who have never split up.
  6. David's sim is a clone of a born in game sim called Sebastian, who's father happens to be my self-sim.
  7. Before leaving her husband and son, Diana Keene transferred all the money from her personal account into the joint account she held with her husband.
  8. In the Tesseract universe, Texas has seceded from the USA and formed a separate nation.
  9. David Keene makes pancakes when stressed, much like me.
  10. Melanie Page has 2 half siblings who she doesn't know about.