Saturday 12 December 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch changes

I've been struggling quite a bit with the first half of the story. I must have looked at those chaptes a hundred times, constantly revising, rearranging.

They weren't working, and I kept telling my characters "for goodness sake, just make it work! What is wrong with you?"

Which is wrong, isn't it?

I'm not in charge, they are, it's their story.

Today I realised what was wrong; the reason they weren't working is that the first half wasn't relevent to the story I'm trying to tell, they're relevant to the story I was telling two, maybe three years ago.

I've grown a lot in that time, and so has Nathan. He's gone from my alter ego to a fully fleged character on his own, with flaws and quirks and feelings that do not come from me.

So, there will be no Part 1-Interlude-Part 2 once I get my computer back. I'm not sure exactly what the format will be, but I'll keep you posted.

Peace out.

TK