Tuesday 28 July 2009

Character Bios Now Up

An introduction to four of the main Tesseract characters can be found here. All of the characters are based primarily on strange facets of my own personality, but there are strong influences from my friends and family in some of them too. I only picked the good bits though. Honest.

As a side note, to anyone who looks at the dates of birth and goes 'eh?', let me tell you that Tesseract is set around 2023. That's primarily because, well, when I originally concieved the story it was about Nathan's mother, his birth was just a plot device, but I decided his was a more interesting journey. So I moved the story foward from the present day to Nathaniel's adolescence.

Tesseract isn't ultra futuristic in its look because, well, it's only 20 years into the future. I'd started to go down the classic route of gizmos and holograms when I remembered Back to the Future. Remember? Michael J Fox travels from 1985 to 2015. And 2015's just around the corner, but we're not going to have flying cars, or a 3D holographic re-release of JAWS anytime soon are we? Mark my words, this world is very different to our own, but I'm just putting this here for the people puzzled by the lack of silver jumpsuits.

Also, please note that the actual story will not be on this blog, or on Blogger at all. There will, however be an announcement here with every update so that those who wish to can subscribe to the RSS feed here, then follow a link to the entry.

As always, you can contact me at tesseractstory@hotmail.com.